We are seeking for a competent and long-term Accounting & Taxation Specialist (full-time) to join our team.
Working hours: 8am-12pm and 1:00pm-5:00pm, Monday to Friday, exclusive of Saturday, Sunday and Cambodian public holidays.
- Bachelor graduate in the field of accounting, finance and/or taxation is required
- Registered tax agent is preferred
- At least one year working experience in related field is preferred
- Professional-level computer, internet and email skills are required
- Written & spoken proficiency in English and Khmer is required
- Cross-cultural experience and interested in working with people from other countries is a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills and team spirit
- Honest and able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Committed to professional development and long-term career with MiE
- Supportive to the vision, mission and core values of MiE
1. Accounting and finance (40% of your time)
- Take full responsibilities for day to day financial transactions within the company
- Implement the accounting system(s) of the company
- Implement the bookkeeping system of the company
- Implement the staff payroll and benefit system of the company
- Implement the financial management system of the company using QuickBooks
- Develop monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports of the company
- Develop and implement cash flow system of the company
- Develop and implement financial safe guarding system, financial manual, and policies of the company
- Learn and update the full accounting and financial management system of the company
- Develop professional working procedures where needed
- Liaison, maintain professional relationship and resolve all disputes with clients and stakeholder
2. Taxation (40% of your time)
- Take full responsibilities for monthly and annual income tax return of the company
- Take full responsibilities for monthly tax return for at least five companies of clients
- Take full responsibilities for annual income tax return for at least five companies of clients
- Support other team members and freelance tax consultants where needed
- Develop professional working procedures where needed
- Liaison, maintain professional relationship and resolve all disputes with clients and stakeholders
3. Other tasks (10% of your time)
- Take full responsibilities for all fillings concerning accounting, finance, taxation, administration and human resource of the company
- Work in close cooperation with the CEO to ensure that the operation is running well and the company reaches its long-term goals
- Cooperate with the CEO and team members to ensure that the company meet the needs of the target clients effectively and on deadlines
- Be honest, open-minded, team spirit, creative, take initiative, and contribute to the development of the company as the whole
Salary: Net/base monthly salary is between $400-$700 based on your qualifications and experience.
- Personal and Professional Development: The ATS will get access to capacity building and professional development opportunities related to his/her roles and interest. MiE will pay 50% of the course fees if it does not exceed over the annual budget of the company. Employee is required to commit working for the company for at least 24 months starting from the date of completion of the training course. Breaking the contract is subject to repayment of 2 times of the investment both in course fees and working hours (if any).
- Accident, Surgical and Medical Insurance: The accident, surgical and medical insurance is granted for the period of employment. It is effective after the probation period. See the terms and conditions covered by the selected insurance company.
- Severance Pay: The ATS is granted for 5% severance pay out of his/her monthly net salary. It is effective after the probation period. The severance pay can be claimed by the end of his/her employment if the resignation is made in good standing.
- Annual Salary Increase: The ATS will be granted for 5% annual salary increase after 12 months full-time employment.
- Shared Dividend: The employee will be granted for 5% dividend of the company after 5 years of his/her full-time employment. The dividend period is effective after the probation.
- Share Ownership: The employee will be granted for 5% shares of the company after 10 years of his/her full-time employment. The ownership scheme period is effective after the probation. The employee may choose whether to sale his/her shares to the company or continue investing with the company.
- Sale Commission: The ATS will be granted 3% out of the total sales values if new clients purchased the services by his/her marketing effort. See commission checklist for employee. Sale commission can be claimed on a monthly basis.
- Overtime: Working overtime is not expected. However, the company will pay double wage comparing to his/her hourly wage during regular working hours. Overtime work might only be needed if the inquiries and workload is demanded. Employee needs to discuss with the CEO before starting to work overtime to ensure that whether the project is urgently needed to complete.
- Tax Return Commission: The ATS will be granted 10% out of the total net income made by his/her effort on monthly and/or annual tax returns. Tax return commission can be claimed on a monthly basis.
- Annual Staff Appreciation: The company celebrates staff appreciation retreat very year between November and December if the company is in a healthy financial position. All employees are granted for the appreciation.
- Monthly Staff Breakfast: Once a month, all employees have breakfast together. MiE covers the expenses.
- Annual Leave: Paid 10 working days annual leave (six leave, emergency leave, and personal holidays).
- Public Holidays: Paid 20 Cambodian public holidays. See MiE’s calendar.
Starting Date: As soon as available.
CV and cover letter should be submitted by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) to Kimsophat Kong (Mr.) no later than January 21, 2018. First applicant, first interview! Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. We offer an equal job opportunity. Women are encouraged to apply.