The Prakas aims to off-limit the categories of self-employed occupations and professions prohibited to non-Cambodians doing business and working in the Kingdom of Cambodia.
Self-employed refer to individual who is freelance without regard to contractual wage or salary provided by employer or state.
- Drivers of all kinds of vehicles as business such as two- and three wheeled vehicles, tuk tuk, four-wheeled motorcycle, and van or truck.
- Sellers/vendors in public locations with having all kinds of vehicles
- Masseuse in public locations
- Barbers, hairdressers and beautician
- Shoes sewer and polisher
- Street mechanic/Tire repairer
- Khmer souvenirs craftsman/Producer of Khmer Souvenir
- Instruments, statue artisan/Producer of Khmer instruments, monk’s alm bowls or Buddhist statue
- Goldsmith and Jeweler/processor of precious stone
The Ministry of Labor and Vocational Training will not provide or extend work permits or employment cards for foreigners carrying out occupations and jobs as stipulated in Article 2 of this Prakas. The violation of the provision of this Prakas shall be fined and imprisoned in accordance with the provisions of the the Labor law and the provisions in force. The provisions that are not in accordance with this Prakas shall be deemed abrogation.