In reference with an annotation of approval and recommendation by Prime Minister SODACH DECHO dated on May 20th 2020 on the request made by the Ministry of Health and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation dated on May 18th 2020, in line with the progress of the novel coronavirus, the Inter-ministerial Committee to combat COVID-19 has amended a number of measures to prevent and in a response to the spread of COVID-19 related to all passengers who travel to the Kingdom through air, borders, and river.
1. Abrogating the temporary suspension of the travel to Cambodia for foreigners from Iran, Italy, Germany, Spain, France, and the United States of America stated in the announcement of the Ministry of Health on March 15th 2020.
2. All passengers travel to Cambodia both Cambodia nationals and foreigners are required to have a health certificate no more than 72 hours prior to the date of travel certifying negative for COVID-19 of COVID-19 test issued by the health authority of respective countries. Moreover, the foreign passengers are required to have proof of health insurance coverage of at least 50,000 USD (Fifty thousand US dollars) for the during of stay in Cambodia, and should comply with any other regulations set by the Cambodian Government (this shall not be applied to the diplomats of foreign countries and international organizations who hold Cambodia’s visa type A and type B).
3. All passengers, Cambodian nationals and foreigners who travel to Cambodia, will be sent to the waiting center for having COVID-19 test and awaiting a result from the Pasteur laboratory.
- In case a passenger or more having positive of COVID-19 test, all passengers from the same flight are required to get quarantined for 14 days at any suitable places set by the Inter-ministerial committee to combat COVID-19.
- If all passengers have positive tests of COVID-19, they can stay quarantined for 14 days at their own home with the assistance from the local authority and health officials. After 13 days of quarantine, the passenger must retake COVID-19 test.
Therefore, the inter-ministerial committee to combat COVID-19 would like to notify the publics, ministries, related authorities as well as foreigners of the announcement, and all shall act accordingly in effectiveness from May 20th 2020 onwards.